This has been one of my many go-to recipes in our Baby Led Weaning journey. I like to make these in bulk and freeze some, so I have quick, easy meals for our little guy. Because, let’s get real, baby food prep can be daunting and time consuming!! Anything to cut the process down so I can spend more time doing other things… *blogging…cough cough…sewing…cough cough*
Quinoa Veggie Biscuits
Makes 12 biscuits
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c quinoa, rinsed and uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1 potato, grated and squeezed
- 1 carrot, grated and squeezed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 c full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 c shredded cheese
- Toast 1/2 a cup of your favorite quinoa blend in the skillet for a few minutes to release extra flavor. add 1 cup of water, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the quinoa is fluffy. let it sit covered for 10 minutes to cool.
- Grate all the veggies and squeeze them in a cheesecloth or other towel you don’t mind staining to get rid of excess water. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and spices in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, cheese, and coconut milk in a small bowl, then add them to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the quinoa and veggies.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup, form patties and place on a greased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops start to brown.
- OPTIONAL: After they cool, I like to brown each biscuit on both sides in a skillet with a little olive oil so they stay together easier.
They will keep in the fridge for up to a week, so I freeze whatever he won’t eat. My guy prefers them cold (feels good on those teething gums!), so I give them to him right out of the fridge.